Things I've Learned About JavaScript in the Past 48 Hours

1. It doesn't seem to like me coding it in Dreamweaver split view.

2. It doesn't show up in my Safari browser window because, apparently, Safari 5.0.5 is incompatible with it.

3. I'll have to downgrade my version of Safari to 4.0.5 to fix this issue.

4. JavaScript was native to Netscape Navigator, and as such, the textbook we're using for class recommends coding and debugging in this browser.

5. Netscape Navigator hasn't been around since 2007, which gives you an idea how old this book is.

6. The textbook also suggests utilizing a text editor named Homesite, as it's the author's absolute favorite for coding JavaScript.

7. That website and associated product has been gone since 2009.

8. That this *slightly* outdated textbook would have cost $443.00 to print out, had I chosen to do so via Staple's website.

9. In store, with the THREE binders and 744 pages printed, it cost just under $80.00 to have a hard copy of the textbook that I could mark up and highlight.

10. It's a good thing, too, because I would have bought myself a 16 gig iPad instead of paying that kind of money to print my $15 e-Book.

11. Unlike the HTML assignments I did in the spring, if I try to view source on the demo assignments my professor put on Blackboard, I only see the names of the source codes, which don't give me the slightest clue how to build frames.

12. That despite it not liking the native Mac OS or browser, there are many wonderful resources out there for Mac users to code in it-if you know who to ask (and my friend Jill and her lovely significant other Brian are my lifeline on that front!)

13. Even though it's really frustrating me right now that it's not so Mac friendly (yet), I really like the logical nature of it.

and 14?

It's far easier to deal with when you've had more than three hours sleep.










Good night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously