Suzanne's Soundtrack Sunday

Right now, I am very thankful for parents who indulged and fostered my love of music. If not for that exposure to so many different kinds of music, I think this Issues in Music class would be far more challenging.

Instead, odds are great that the composer and/or the work we're asked to listen to three times in a chapter's review? I've got it in the music library or have listened to it many times over. Right now, I'm preparing to take the test on the chapters covering Mozart's Marriage of Figaro and Beethoven's music.

I've been fortunate to see a live performance of the former and I thought for sure I had a complete recording of the latter's 5th symphony. Nope, 2 copies of the Pastoral and one of the Ninth. Only the first movement of the 5th.

The music library isn't largely populated by classical music, but there's a decent amount. More heavily covered are those contemporary artists who pay homage to the heavy hitters in my collection: Bach, Mozart, Mahler, Sant Saens, Beethoven, Hayden, Orff and a few others.

Who knew that someday, the pleasure listening of these composers would serve me well when the time came to earn some college credit?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glad that I'm not "Guilty By Association" on this one

Wal Mart Your Zone $500.00 Gift Card Contest!

Webmaster Alex speaks Anonymously